Thread: 2nd Berm Scott Community College

Default 2nd Berm Scott Community College

Hey Folks:

I wanted to hear from the court of public opinion, in case I am missing something. Mods please advise if I need to make changes to the post.

On Sunday, I went out to remove a metal fence post, which had been plaguing toes and tires on the Scott Community College trail, for years. It also had me terrified of landing on it face first, since it was mid trail on a corner and jagged metal.

Post In.jpg

Post Out.jpg
    I figured, while I was out there, I would fix the 2nd berm, which had a very shallow slope to it (maybe 45 degrees). In this form, you can't really use it as a berm because if you hit it fast and leaned over, you would fly right off the top of it, since it has little slope and no lip.

I cut more slope into it and extended it about 5' because it fell away where you would still want to counter the g forces of the turn.

Well... I went out there today, and someone had packed dirt back in to remove the slope I put into it.

Can whoever did this explain why they changed it back. I assumed everyone would appreciate what I did and agree with me that it makes the corner safer. I am genuinely confused about why anyone would want the berm to be in this shape.

I recognize that it looked bumpier after I cut the slope in, but that is because I was cutting it in from packed dirt and I couldn't smooth it because the dirt was too dry and crumbly. I was going to smooth it after it had been ridden and the dirt was moist again.

For everyone's reference-

My berm:
    My Berm.jpg
    Berm today:
    Today Berm.jpg
    Last edited by NCoulter; 09-25-2024 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Photos not functioning

I get an error 404 url not found on every photo link.

Sorry... Can you see them in the post now?